SpatialCover Trees is a high resolution vector data product that maps individual trees to support improved management of tree resources and 3D visualization. Trees are delivered as points, polygons and idealized circular crown polygons. Tree locations and height data are derived from LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) data where available. The LIDAR data is analyzed along 1 meter or better resolution, 4 band color infrared imagery that is flown as part of the National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP) or other orthoimagery. SpatialCover Trees provides a cost-effective solution where individual tree mapping is needed for your application.
SpatialCover Tree Datasets
||Idealized Tree Crown
What can you do with SpatialCover Trees?
The SpatialCover Trees product helps government agencies, companies and non-profits by supplying accurate and spatially explicit high resolution tree cover data for performing a wide range of mapping and spatial analysis functions. Example applications include:
- assessing insurance risks
- improving wireless network design
- 3d visualization of trees in urban environments using applications like ESRI CityEngine
- modeling timber yields
- assessing environmental impacts of development
- wildfire modeling
- assessing risk to power lines and utility infrastructure
- finding champion tree locations
- assessing property values